Elder Zachary Snow

Elder Zachary Snow

Monday, June 27, 2011

Empanada Eating Champions - June 27, 2011

Elder Geary and Elder Snow


 Dear Family,
It sure was great to hear from you this week. Sounds like it`s been a nice, busy week and that you`ve all enjoyed it. I`m glad to hear you`re doing well.

That`s funny that you`ll be driving through Burley next week. Elder Geary says that you`ll have to stop by his house and eat some lunch with his family. That would be fun, huh. You should eat empanadas in honor of Elder Geary and I, because we are empanada eating champions.

Haha, that`s crazy that Elder Durrant`s pops is gonna be a mission president, huh? I`ve known for a little while now. Elder Woodruff told me about it back in like December. When Elder Durrant called home for Christmas, his parents were like, "Hey we got some news for you." Elder Woodruff told me that Elder Durrant was pretty surprised haha. Speaking of Elder Durrant, he`s doing pretty well I think. He just got called to be a zone leader this change. Tomorrow we have another capacitation for leaders so I`ll be seeing him. I haven`t seen Elder Durrant since like December so I`m excited to see him and several other missionary friends as well like Elder Bazàn (Elder Bazan is training right now, he has an American nuevito companion so I`m sure he is learning lots of English).

Asuncion Paraguay Temple
So this last week has been really great. I loved the trip to the temple. I had forgotten a little bit about the incredible peace that there is in the temple. It really was amazing. Inside it`s just so great. I had forgotten how much easier it is to receive revelation there. You just have to go with a question and and open mind and the Lord is willing to help. It really is the house of the Lord. Then after, when we had to leave, it was like stepping back into the real world. It was super loud outside and I immediately missed the special Spirit that there is inside the temple.

Yesterday was a really good day also. I think I still haven`t written about some of the investigators here so I`ll go ahead and do that.

One awesome person we are visiting right now is Nelson. He`s a single dad and the missionaries had been visiting him for a couple of weeks already. He really has desires to change and start a new life. He has some problems with alcohol. He was planning to go to church on Sunday but on Saturday night he was drinking with his "friends" so Sunday morning he wasn`t really in the state to go to church. We visited him last night and he was really repentent. He knows that he has some problems with alcohol and he really wants to change. He told us that he feels weak but wants to become strong and asked us how it is that he can turn weakness into strength. So we shared Ether 12:27 and he really enjoyed it. The spirit was suuuuper strong. He said "It seems like this scripture was written for me." I love the Book of Mormon and using it in teaching. The Book of Mormon really has a special spirit. It was written for our day. Nelson accepted a baptismal date for the 16th of July and is really determined to be baptized that day. I think he will do it.

We also have a young man that is progressing really well. His name is Adolfo. His younger brother got baptized a couple of weeks ago and Adolfo hadn`t realy shown interest before, but know he is noticing a change in his brother and he wants to experience that change as well. Now he has the desires to be baptized and he is progressing really well and reading the Book of Mormon.

Another family we are working with is the Mesa Family. They have already attended church several times and have really enjoyed it. The wife is ready to be baptized and really wants to. We are waiting a little bit on Brother Mesa. He has some problems with the Word of Wisdom so we are working with him on that. But he also has the desires to quit smoking and drinking. They really are a special family and want the best for their children.

Well I`m about out of time. But I love you all so much! I know that this is the work of the Lord. I love the Spirit and I know that the Lord is helping me each and every day.

Have a great week!
Elder Snow


P.S. From Elder Snow's mom - See June 24, 2011 blog entry for pictures of Santa Rita families.

No comments:

Post a Comment