Elder Zachary Snow

Elder Zachary Snow

Monday, June 6, 2011

Awesome Fast and Testimony Meeting - June 6, 2011

Dear Family!

Hey, before I forget, next week I will have Pday on Monday as usual. The mission changed back to having Pdays on Monday every week, so from now on you don´t have to worry about not getting a letter until Thursday during change week. You can expect a letter every Monday.

It´s been another great week here in Santa Rita. The time is passing by really fast and I can´t believe this change is almost over. Every time as changes approach, I feel a little bit sad at the thought that I might have to leave an area. I´ve been here in Santa Rita for a pretty long time now, but we´ll see.

Dad had asked a little bit about Hernan and Sandra. We had stopped visiting them for a couple of weeks. Hernán started to express a lot of doubts and we tried to help him strengthen his testimony, but he wasn´t willing to do the things he needed to in order to gain that testimony. This past week we visited them for the first time in a long time. Sandra is still reading the Book of Mormon every day and has the desires to get baptized. Hernán said that he has been really busy with his work lately and so he hasn´t been able to read. I think that the toughest part of missionary work is working with someone that has received a testimony and believes that the church is true, then doesn´t really follow that answer. Hernán and Sandra both know that the church is true, there is just something keeping them from taking the step it seems like. They really are so great, they´re incredible people and I know that they be baptized one day. I keep praying for them frequently. I am very grateful that Heavenly Father has helped me to develop a love for them. That is an amazing thing about missionary work, when one thinks and worries about another so much that they develop a strong love for them. I think that has a lot to do with the quote that Dad mentioned from Elder Uchtdorf´s talk. Funny that you mentioned that quote, that was the part of conference that impacted me more than any other. I know that I have received many answers to my personal prayers as a result of serving others. I know it is true. That idea also has a lot to do with a theme that we covered in the last zone conference, the importance of focusing our studies on helping others, on thinking about what others need, on seeking revelation for others. I have tried to put that in practice this last week and have really felt many blessings from it. Instead of thinking what I need help with, I have tried to think what others need help with. By doing that, my love grows for them and, even more, Heavenly Father blesses me on top of that with the answers that I needed personally. This has been a really long paragraph, I feel like starting a new one.

Yesterday in church was so awesome. Whew! I love it. We had our fast and testimony meeting and there were some spectacular testimonies. Rosa, wow what a stud, she always gives great testimonies. She bore her testimony about tithing. We had been working with her on tithing and the importance of it. She bore her testimony that she decided to put her faith to the test and tithe. She told about how after paying her tithing, she ended up finding a better job that paid a little better and had better hours. She challenged the rest of the members to put tithing to the test and seeing the blessings. It was awesome. Then Sister Delvalle gave an awesome testimony about the hope she has for her family to go to the temple. Brother Delvalle made it to church yesterday for the first time in months. We had been working with him for a while. It was really rewarding to see one of Heavenly Father´s children taking a step to return to the fold. He was participating in the gospel doctrine class and really knows the gospel well. I hope he continues exercising his faith and working his way back to being fully active.

Yesterday the Peña family made it to church for the first time in a long time. Brother Peña gave an awesome testimony. He wasn´t able to attend for a long time because of his work, but he knew he needed to come back to church. So he was praying for a long time for a chance to find a work with a different schedule. This last week, the opportunity presented itself and now he has Sunday morning free to be able to come to church. The Peña family is really great, they live in the side of the other elders. With the Peña family, as well as with Brother Delvalle, the members are really the ones who have done the work to get them to come back. It´s been so great to see. Brother Ugarte is a champ.

I love you all so much! Sounds like you had a great Memorial Day Weekend, or whatever Holiday it was. To answer Dad´s question, Elder Merrill and I didn´t talk about wrestling too much. I mentioned that I thought you and Rodney wrestled together, is that right?  Good luck in the last week of school, study hard! Mom, don´t get too jealous of Aunt Shereen now that Jake´s coming home, I´ve still got a lot of time left!

The church is true! I know it.

Love,
Elder Snow
P.S. I got a letter from home today that had letters from Vance and Kevin. Could you tell them both thanks for me? It was really great to hear from them. Tell Kevin good luck up at BYU, he´ll love it. And tell Vance that I miss Bob and his laugh. Kee hee hee hee jaja.

No comments:

Post a Comment