Elder Zachary Snow

Elder Zachary Snow

Monday, June 13, 2011

New Meeting Location in Santa Rita - June 13, 2011

Santa Rita members at new meeting location.
Dear Family,

It was great to get a nice letter filled with updates of school ending and Mason´s all star team. It´s always great to hear from you.

The week here has been been kind of crazy. Us 4 missionaries were working hard to get the church ready to move. We had been looking for a while for a new place where we could have the church because we had been having some problems with the owner of the old place. But we found a new one, it´s smaller but it´s really nice and it´s pretty central for the members and investigators, so we like it. So on Friday and part of Saturday we were working hard to get everything situated for Sunday. We got it all nice and clean, told all the members where the new church would be, got investigators all excited. Then Sunday morning came and the first meeting of the church was met by a nice parade right outside, haha. What can you do? I had written that the Independence Day Parade got rained out last month, so they rescheduled it and it turned out to be the same time as church on the street right outside. But the meetings turned out just fine anyway and it wasn´t too loud, so we were able to maintain the reverence. The members are excited to be in a new building and a lot of the members were able to make it. I attached a couple of pictures of the first meeting in the new place. It was a lot better than my first week in Santa Rita in January when we had 7. But we still have a lot of work to do and will continue onward. Yesterday Brother Delvalle made it to church again so it was really great to see him there. He is trying to put in his part and strengthen his testimony back up.

Yesterday in Sacrament meeting we had a theme of missionary work. Brother Wagner, the Brazilian that moved here not to long ago spoke on D & C 4 and the importance of member missionary work. He gave a great testimony about his conversion and some of his feelings from when he was a missionary. After that we had the 4 missionaries bear testimonies because this week we have changes and didn´t know who was going to be transferred.

To end the suspense, I just got the news about an hour ago that I am going to be transferred. I still haven´t heard where I´m going or who´ll be my new companion, just that I´m leaving. I´m definitely sad to be leaving Santa Rita. I have been here for almost 6 months but I still feel like there is a lot of work to be done. I will miss the members a lot. Because the area is still really young, we have really been clinging to the members for their support. It is through them that the work here will go onward.

I really love the people here. I will miss them, but I am happy to know that I´ve been able to help some of God´s chosen children to find the truth. I am excited to work hard in a new area and be able to help more of God´s children to find the truth.

I´m sorry, I know this letter is kind of sucky, I haven´t had much time. But I love you all so much. The church is true!

Love,
Elder Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment