Elder Zachary Snow

Elder Zachary Snow

Monday, March 26, 2012

Where Else Can One Do That? - March 26, 2012

Dear Family!!!
 
Wow!! What an exciting week. Thank you for sending the pics of the baby. Definitely fun to see. London Grace is a cute name, she is a real cutie too! Wednesday here in Pilar was a wild day!! Wednesday it rained harder than any other day in my mission. The streets got super flooded!! Elder Shaw and I had a good time cruising flooded Pilarense streets on our bikes. I love the mission!! Where else can one do that?

This past week we have been working super hard and finding lots of incredible people to teach. Our struggle continues to be getting new people in church, but Elder Shaw and I have a lot of faith that this next week we are going to destroy General Conference with lots of investigators in church.

Right now we are in Asunción. This morning we had a leadership conference. We got here early this morning because President Callan had something special planned to do. At 7 o clock bright and early we went out to the Botanical Garden of Paraguay. President Callan told us some of the history of the church in Paraguay and we went to the site in the Botanical Garden where Ezra Taft Benson offered a dedicatory prayer for the preaching of the gospel in Paragay. The prayer was offered the same morning that the first stake in Paraguay was organized. President Callan read the words of the dedicatory prayer and we all reflected on the mission and the church here in Paraguay. It was a really special moment and helped me to remember the purpose of our missionary work and why I am here. I really love missionary work. I want to develop a stronger love for the people of Paraguay. I think that is something that I am lacking and can do better.

After the Botanical Garden we returned to the mission office and had the consejo. We talked a lot about the vision of the mission, how to earn references from members, how the zones are doing. Our zone has been doing really well for the past few changes and we were really happy that every companionship in our zone baptized this past month. The Lord has been blessing us so much and we are grateful for it.

We are excited for this next week and for the opportunity to listen to the Prophet. It´s amazing how much I have grown to love General Conference. What a blessing it is.

I hope you are all doing really well! I am grateful for your support. I want you all to know that I have a testimony of this church. I know that it is the truth. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that God guides us through a prophet today.

Love,

Elder Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment