Elder Zachary Snow

Elder Zachary Snow

Monday, November 28, 2011

I Really, Really, Am Grateful - November 28, 2011

Elder Curtis

Elder Curtis and Elder Snow
Dear Family,

So great to hear from you all!

Thanks for the great letter with the updates on Thanksgiving. To answer Dad`s question, yes I did remember it was Thanksgiving but we didn`t really celebrate it, haha. We were just working away and there isn`t really time to cook so we didn`t eat too much. Apart from that we were a little bit sick on Thursday so we weren`t in the mood too much to eat. Oh well. I did get that package this week though so I think I`ll make some Beef Stroganoff today to celebrate Thanksgiving a couple of days late. Sounds good to me. Thanks for not going into detail on all the great things that you ate at Thanksgiving Dinner, that would have been kind of mean, he he.

Well we have had a really good week. I`m trying to think back and there doesn`t seem like there is a whole lot to write about. I think I just feel a little tired because we have been sick but still working really hard and we also did some divisions this past week.

A highlight from this week was that we had Stake Conference yesterday. It was really incredible. The focus was missionary work. In the stake there are 5 or 6 young men that have their mission calls and are getting ready to leave within the next couple of months. They all bore their testimonies and spoke for a couple of minutes. The Spirit was super strong. There was one young man that spoke a lot about his parents and how much they helped him to make the decision to go on a mission. He said that growing up he always said he wanted to go but it was more just to please his parents by saying it. But as he grew older and started gaining a testimony of the gospel, he felt true desires to go on a mission. He thanked his parents and it was a really tender and spiritual moment. Elder Snow may or may not, but definitely did, shed a tear or two. I thought back to my decision to serve a mission and I am so grateful for you, my family and how much you helped me with my decision to serve a mission. I look back now and realize how much it has blessed my life. I will be eternally grateful for the decision that I made to come on the mission and I would not give it up for anything.

Thanks Mom and Dad, I really love you so much and am so grateful for your patience, love, and testimony. I really, really am grateful. I love you all!

Sorry this letter has been so lame and short, I promise that next week`s will be better. I love you all! Chau chau

No comments:

Post a Comment