Elder Zachary Snow

Elder Zachary Snow

Monday, July 11, 2011

Good Ole Puerto Pabla - July 11, 2011

Dear Fam,

It`s been great to read all about your week and the fun vacation up in Idaho. While I was reading, I definitely had some nice flashbacks of past family vacations to Utah and to Uncle Tom`s farm in Idaho as well. It was funny that Dad mentioned his flashback of us playing cards at Yellowstone. This week Elder Geary and I were talking about Yellowstone a little bit (I don`t remember how we got on that theme) and I had some flashbacks of that Yellowstone trip as well. So, all in all, it was great to hear from you all.

We have had another really great week here in good òle Puerto Pabla. This past week I had the chance to do divisions with the zone leaders who are in Ybatè, my old area. So I headed over there back to where I started the mission. I was in the zone leaders area, so I wasn`t able to go visit at all my old area, but I actually did run into several people that I know. We saw some of the members and most of them remembered me, so that`s a good sign I think. And Eduardo, the young man that was baptized with Elder Bonilla and I went out and taught some lessons with us so that was pretty neat. It was really good to catch up with him, he seems to be doing really well. He was preparing a talk that he was going to give in church yesterday, so that was pretty neat also.

Apart from that, we had interviews with President Callan on Thursday, so that was really great also. The interviews are always a very spiritually uplifting and motivating experience. I left feeling that I had received some good revelation on what I can do better as a missionary. I`ve been working on keeping more focus and always having my missionary purpose in mind.


This week was kind of up and down. Yesterday we were a little disappointed because the investigators that had baptismal dates this week and the week after didn`t make it to church. We went by Nelson`s house and he had a visit from some of his neighbors and didn`t want to leave. It was a little frustrating, but we talked really well with him after church and he is more committed now to go to church next week.

Saturday night we had a really great experience. We had been working hard all day and had had a pretty good day. We were able to teach many lessons in the afternoon. More towards the evening it was getting tougher to find people and a couple of our appointments fell. So we were thinking about who we should visit. Elder Geary suggested Santiago, an investigator that we had taught a couple of weeks ago. We had taught him a couple of times and the lessons went really well, the Spirit had been really strong. But after that we weren`t able to find him for a really long time and had kind of given up. So I was kind of doubting a little bit at Elder Geary`s suggestion, but we went to look for him anyway. We found him at home and we were able to teach him. The lesson turned out so well and he had sooo many great questions about the doctrine and the church and everything. So I felt a little humbled at the experience and learned a lesson because I didn`t feel like he was going to be home. But I`m grateful for a stud companion like Elder Geary and I`m grateful that we followed the impressions of the Spirit that he had.


Well that`s about all I`ve got for this week. I`m trying to think of a funny experience that comes to mind, but there`s nothing of the top of my head. So I`ll just finish with my testimony that I know that this church is true. We have been sharing lately with an inactive family where the mom has doubts on how she can really know that we are in the true church. We shared with her Alma 32 on how faith isn`t a perfect knowledge, but through an experiment on the word we can have a perfect knowledge that the church is true. I`m grateful for a Heavenly Father that has been patient and answered my many questions that the church is true. I know that as many times as we ask with faith, He will answer us. I love Him.
I love you all lots, have a great week!

Love,
Elder Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment