Elder Zachary Snow

Elder Zachary Snow

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Mix-Up - May 9, 2011

Dear Family,

Hey sorry again about the mishap yesterday. Mother´s Day in Paraguay is on the 15th, I guess I just assumed it would be the same day in the United States, hah.  So we can do the call this Sunday, the 15th, at 6:30 my time, 3:30 your time.

Sounds like you had a good Mother´s Day get together even if we didn´t get to talk. Definitely made me a little trunky with the mentioning of the tri tip. Spinach quiche, not so much, you can write about Spinach quiche all you want.

Sorry I don´t have too much to write about again. I was trying to figure out how to fix the call thing, so I don´t have much time. But it´s been a good weekend here in Paraguay also. Yesterday in church was kind of a roller coaster. Right now in Santa Rita there is this big event going on called La Expo. It´s kind of like a big fair type deal. Everyone is working a ton with overtime for the expo and many of the members couldn´t make it to church. We had some talks lined up for people that couldn´t make it, so Elder Snow was called in to sub. The mission is definitely an adventure sometimes, I had like 10 minutes to talk and 1 minute to prepare. But I think it turned out alright. Elder Gleason was also a champ and gave a great talk with little time to prepare. But the best part of sacrament meeting was this awesome testimony that Reinaldo gave. Reinaldo is the young man that was baptized with Jorge last week. Elder Stewart and Elder Gleason have been teaching him. He gave an awesome testimony about prayer and the Book of Mormon. His mother is a member from a while ago, but his dad is super devout Catholic. Reinaldo and his mom went to church for a while before they moved to Santa Rita, but moved here whent the church still hadn´t started in this area. So after the church started up in Santa Rita, Reinaldo started coming. He didn´t have a lot of support because his dad isn´t a big fan of the church and doesn´t want them to go. But Reinaldo´s a stud and started coming to church by himself. He shared in his testimony about how he prayed and started reading the Book of Mormon because he was confused about what to do and wanted to know the truth (basically like the Joseph Smith story). He talked about how he started to change a lot when he began reading the Book of Mormon and praying more, so he made the decision to get baptized. The spirit was very strong and I was so impressed with his maturity.

I really love serving in Santa Rita because I get to see all the time the fire of recent converts. It´s incredible that it´s practically an entire church unit with people that have recently gained testimonies from God about the truth of this work, I love it.

We had another great miracle that was on.. I think it was Saturday.  Elder Bazán and I were walking down the street and there was a man walking towards us. I went to contact him, but he basically contacted us. He asked us where the church was, it turns out he is a member from Brazil. His name is Wager. He was kind of in a hurry so we got his number, explained where the church was and at what time. I didn´t think too much of it because I figured he was just there for work, because he said he was in town for the expo, because his business had a stand there (again with the expo, this time it helped us). But lo and behold, the next day he was there like 15 minutes early for church. I started talking to him and it turns out he served a mission and is a high priest. He´s also a temple worker and served on a Stake High Council. Who knew? And it turns out that he might move to Santa Rita with his family because he will be working here more permanently. I know that the Lord has so many people prepared for the work here.

I want you all to know that I have a testimony of this work. I know that the Lord is blessing us. It is great to feel the Lord´s love towards his children as I try to lose myself in this work. I remember in the MTC, there was a talk that a member of the MTC presidency gave. He referred to an experience where he talked with... I want to say it was a stake patriarch, and he asked him, "What is the most apparent thing in a patriarchal blessing?" Without hesitation, the stake patriarch said, "The love of God towards his children." I have felt so strongly God´s love towards me and towards others. I am so grateful for you, my family. Thanks for being so great!

So, for the final decision, call at 3:30 your time.

Love,
Elder Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment