Elder Zachary Snow

Elder Zachary Snow

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Thing That I Love Most About Conference - April 4, 2011

Dear Fam,

Wow! What a great week it has been. 

As usual, we´ve been working very hard to find great people, teach them, and run a church unit all at the same time!

To answer some of your questions, Hernán and Sandra have not been married and baptized. We were planning for last Saturday but it didn't happen. So now we are working with them more.  On Tuesday night we were there teaching. We taught this great lesson about the plan of Salvation. They really enjoyed it and the Spirit was there. I always enjoy teaching the Plan of Salvation. One thing I really love about Elder Bazán is his love of this lesson. He loves to teach the Atonement and really bears an awesome testimony, he´s a great missionary. So we taught that lesson, ended it and went off on our merry way, todo tranquilo as the Paraguayans say.   I think I am learning more patience and I really believe that the Lord will help them to be baptized, they just need to do their part.

We have found a couple of great new families also. There is one family named José and Nancy that we have started teaching recently. They have three daughters and are a really great little family. They have been progressing really well and really enjoyed the video of the Restoration of the church. It was so great also, Nancy and her mom and the 3 daughters and another nephew named Victor all made it to general conference with us. The kids lost their attention a little bit, but Nancy and her mom really enjoyed it I think.

Speaking of conference, it´s been a wild week getting all ready for it. We rented a bus to take us to Ciudad Del Este, the closest place where it would be showing. So we headed up there to watch both of the Sunday Sessions. So I´ll have to wait for the Liahona to be able to read the rest of the talks. We prepared some sandwiches to eat between the sessions and we had a good time. The first session I really enjoyed Elder Uchtdorf´s talk as well as Elder Bednar´s. In the afternoon session, I couldn´t pay as much attention as I wanted because I was trying to chase some kids down and help others out. But I really enjoyed Elder Scott´s talk a lot. Like Dad said there was a strong theme of the temple. I am very grateful for the blessings of the temple in my life. It really is a comfort to know that I was born into an eternal family. Elder Scott´s testimony of the opportunity to see his wife and 2 deceased children really hit me strong.

But the thing that I love most about conference is the blessing to receive a confirming witness of the truth of this church. I know that the Lord is directing this church and that what we heard this past weekend is His will for the church. Elder Holland´s talk was also very powerful and I know that as we study and restudy the messages from conference, we can pick some of the Lord´s will out for us personally in every message. I am so excited to reread and put it in practice.

I love you all so much. Keep it up with the great missionary work, Melanie. You are a great example!

Love,
Elder Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment