Elder Zachary Snow

Elder Zachary Snow

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Submitting Our Will to the Lord - April 18, 2011

Querida Familia! (This computer doesn´t have a key for upside-down exclamation points. Oh well.)

Thank you soo much for your great letter from this week. I always enjoy hearing about what´s going on back there.

Please tell Jenn, Joel, Lucia and Cortez hi for me! You should send some pictures one email, I want to see how big they are getting!

Sounds like you have had another crazy/fun week.

I really enjoyed reading about dad´s talk in ward conference. That has been a theme that President Callan has touched on a couple times recently, having a change of heart and submitting our will to the Lord. I really love that topic. The quote that Dad shared from Elder Maxwell really hit me. It is really awesome to think that we can give that to the Lord, our will and our obedience. There is a scripture in the Book of Mormon that comes to mind...not sure exactly where it is... I think it´s in Mosiah 4. Nope, Mosiah 2:23-24 It says something like, even if we do everything the Lord asks of us, we will still be unprofitable servants because he will bless us immediately after. And because he gave us life and the ability to choose in the first place. The Lord is always looking out for us and will bless us when we submit our will to him.

Things here in Santa Rita have been going really great! This week has been kind of crazy. On Tuesday, Elder Stewart and I went to Asunción for a training for leaders in the mission. It was really great to see some of the missionaries I have come to know. They all are such great people. Elder Bradley Foster from the second quorum of the 70 was there and gave us training. He is an amazing man. It was really neat, he arrived there during lunch time and walked right in and sat down at the table where I was eating. He served as a mission President in Arcadia and said he knew Thousand Oaks, small world.  He talked a lot about work with the members. We received some really good personal revelation for our areas and how we can do better.

Last week I made the decision to be better about writing in my journal, but so far it still hasn´t stuck. I´m really bad at writing. But this morning I was reflecting a lot and received the impression that I need to write down the miracles I see, and realize how much the Lord blesses me and how His hand is in this work. So I think I will do better hah.

I really love that talk that Dad mentioned from Elder Uceda. Many times in my mission I have had to slow down and really humble myself. I realize that I am too often a victim of the pride that President Uchtdorf spoke about in October and that I need to do better in my humility.

This week was so great in church! The second counselor of the Stake Presidency of Ciudad Del Este came and spoke. It was a really great talk and many of the members made it to church so it was really great that they were able to hear.

Jorge, Rosa, and Gunter made it to church again. Gunter is preparing to receive the Aaronic Priesthood, I love that kid. He is so awesome, they are a phenomenal family. We are talking a lot with Jorge and think he will be able to get baptized. We are preparing him well and he really does understand well.

Sorry I´m short on time, as always. The Rojas family also made it to church yesterday. They were investigators from a super long time ago that almost got baptized, but ended up getting baptized in another church. The hermano has been praying and reading a lot lately and got a little answer about the church in a dream. So know they are dedicated to attend again. We will see how things go. They are a really great family.

I love you all so much! I am very happy here and know that the church is true!

Love,
Elder Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment