Elder Zachary Snow

Elder Zachary Snow

Monday, June 11, 2012

I Will Leave It For Effect - June 11, 2012

Dear Family,

Thank you so mucho (haha, that was an accidente but I will leave it for effect) for the letter this week. I could really feel the spirit in reading about the family and the great things that you are doing.

This week I have a little bit more time to write so I will try to get a good letter in. The consejo on Monday was really great. We talked a lot about faith and goals. We all left excited and ready to work. After the meeting on Monday, I went with one of our district leaders to do an exchange and his companion went to Pilar with Elder Ramos. To answer mom´s question, when we have consejos like that on Preparation Day, we usually get home at about 11 or 11:30. So we just buy a little bit of food the next day. As for laundry, there is a sister in our ward that washes it, so we never have to worry about washing our own clothes on Mondays.

Anyway, after the meeting, I went with Elder Mower (I have written about him before I think) and we went to San Ignacio. We spent the night there and on Tuesday I participated in the District Meeting of District 2 in our zone. It was really uplifting and we all left really excited to baptize like crazy. After the meeting, Elder Mower and I headed over to Ayolas, his area. Traveling and doing divisions in our zone is crazy because our district leader´s area is like 2 buses (5 hours) away. Elder Mower is really great. This was like the third time I´ve done divisions with him in my mission, I have been his zone leader in 2 different zones. We worked hard and saw lots of miracles with his investigators there.

So I was there Tuesday and Wednesday til about midnight when we caught another bus back to San Ignacio. There I met up with Elder Ramos and we headed back to Pilar Thursday morning. Some good news from the divisions, Pedro and Felisia accepted a secure baptismal date for the 30th of this month. We wanted to put it sooner but they were a little bit stubborn haha. They are really resolved to be baptized on the day and I know that it will be so great. They attended church yesterday even though Felisia was sick and the weather was really bad. It was really great to see their faith in attending church yesterday.

So on Thursday I came back to Pilar and the assistants were there ready to do divisions with us for another two days. They had done divisions with the other two elders in Pilar and wanted to do them with us as well. So on Thursday and Friday I worked with Elder King and Elder Dexter here in Pilar and it was really great as well. We found a lot of really great people and we will work hard with them this week so that they can attend church next week.

Yesterday in church I really enjoyed the sacrament meeting. One of the youth named Alan (he always goes out with us to teach) gave a talk and did a really great job. He talked about the blessings of seminary in his life. He is one of only 2 or 3 youth that attends seminary. Here they do it once a week, on Saturday. I realize the importance of the youth. They are the future of the church. I want so bad for the youth here in Paraguay to be strong and go on missions. I know that that will do wonders and miracles for the work here in this country. I am so grateful for my mission. I am so grateful for the blessing that I am experiencing to come close to my Savior.

I know that this is the true church. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father. I am really, really grateful for you, my family. You are the best!

Love,
Elder Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment