Elder Zachary Snow

Elder Zachary Snow

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Help All to Come Unto Christ - April 30, 2012

Dear Family,
Hey thanks so much for writing another great letter this week. It is always a blessing to hear from you. I especially love hearing about how church is going and how the members are doing.

We have had a really great week again. We are working so hard to find new investigators and to help all to come unto Christ. This week we haven´t been able to find as many people at home as we are used to, but the Lord has blessed us to find some really quality new families to teach and work with.

For an udate with our investigator Zulma. This week we visited her a couple of times and taught about the first principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and also taught the Word of Wisdom. We have been working really hard to take various members to visit her. Yesterday neither Zulma or her daughter made it to church, however. We passed by after church and she said that she isn´t sure if she wants to continue attending. She had been going to another Evangelical church and stopped attending there to attend the Church of Jesus Christ. I think she is receiving some pressure from her friends to go back to the other church. We were able to talk to her a little bit about the importance for her to pray and really know from God what she should do.

After we finished talking with Zulma I felt a little bummed because I had felt like we had done everything right and that we had always taken members, were teaching with the Spirit, doing our part. So Elder Ramos and I shared a couple of scriptures with each other and offered a special prayer for Zulma. I thought a lot about Ether 12:6, one of my favorites. It talks about how we don´t receive a witness until after the trial of our faith. I feel like my faith needs to be tried a little bit more. The Lord knows what is best and has a plan for me to become the person that I need to become. Like Elder Waddell said in conference, the Lord sends us the investigators, companions, everything that we need to become who he wants us to become. This scripture helped me to realize that I need to show more faith in the Lord and that the Lord needs to try our faith sometimes so that we can receive the witness from Him that it is his work that we are in.

I feel like things will go well with Zulma and that if she really has the desires to know, the Lord will answer her. And even if she doesn´t accept the Gospel, I will still feel like a successful missionary because I know we have taught her through the Spirit and that the Spirit has testified to her of the truth of our message.

A really neat moment from yesterday is that two more of my recent converts received the Priesthood. Both Jorge Jara and Eider Servin (the oldest of the Servin children) made it to church on Wednesday despite the pouring rain for their interviews and yesterday after church were ordained in the Priesthood. Such a blessing to see that happen.

Today we are in Asunción for a consejo de líderes. These meetings are always such a blessing to attend. The Spirit is always there so strongly. We spoke a lot about the importance of retaining the recent Converts as well as continuing to baptize through asking for references, working with the members, working with incomplete families. A focus on the eternal family always helps so much.

President Callan shared several thoughts on the importance of always remembering our missionary purpose. We read a talk by Elder Christofferson on the importance of remembering our missionary purpose. If we are constantly focused on our focus of bringing others unto Christ we will be much happier, more successful, and better missionaries for the Lord. I am always drawn to the importance of the Atonement. The Atonement is what drives missionary work. A personal testimony of the Atonement and personal conversion help so much so that a missionary teaches with power. I want to rededicate myself to the work and really strengthen the testimony that I have of the Savior and His church.

I am grateful for this work and for the blessing that I have to be a missionary. I want you all to know that I know this is His true church. I love you all very much. I hope you have a great week!!

Love,

Elder Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment