Elder Zachary Snow

Elder Zachary Snow

Monday, January 16, 2012

Transfer to Pilar - January 16, 2012

Dear Family!!

It has been really great to hear from you this week. I always appreciate your emails and it helps to give me a boost for the week.

So I`ve got lots of news from this past week. As you might have guessed, the time for changes has rolled around again. This past week I was transferred from Costa Bonita to an area called Pilar. Pilar is in like the South Western tip of Paraguay and is really far away from anything else. My new companion`s name is Elder Shaw. He is a really great missionary. He is from Eagle, Idaho and has a little bit less time in the mission than I do. Pilar is so great, it`s like nowhere else in Paraguay. It actually reminds me a lot of Santa Rita because it`s like it`s only little town that is really distinct from other areas. We are in the Pilar District, and the Pilar 1st branch. This is the first time that I will be working in a branch so I will be learning a little bit more about how the church works.

I`m really excited to be here and I know that we will see much success. We have a small zone with just 4 companionships, which is a lot smaller than the 11 companionships in my last zone.

The people here are so great. I met many of the members yesterday and they are super willing to help in the missionary work. There is this one family named the Suarez Family and they are all stars. They are so great at befriending the investigators and help in taking them to church.

Speaking of the investigators, we are working with a really great family right now. They are the Servin Family. The mom and 3 children have been to church twice now and have a baptismal date for the 28th. We are working with the dad as well. He is always really receptive but is not very interested in going to church or progressing. He doesn`t read very well so he is a little bit self conscious and hestitant to go to church. We will continue to work with him.

We have another investigator named Ada. She already has several attendances and has a baptismal date for this Saturday. She didn`t make it to church yesterday so we will have to see what we will do to help her and if she will keep her date for this weekend. She has a testimony about the Book of Mormon and the Prophet Joseph Smith, but isn`t sure yet if this is the only true church. We have had several very spiritual lessons with her already and she is progressing little by litte.

You also asked a couple of questions about the investigators in Costa Bonita. From what I heard from the person that tracks the baptisms is that David did not get baptized this past week. But I`m sure that he will be baptized soon. As for Alonso and Daisy, the divorce got pushed back to about the middle of February, so they are still waiting it out.They always attend church, however, and maintain a positive attitude. They are such examples, I really love them so much.

Thanks, mom, for sharing a little bit about your personal study of the Doctrine of Christ. You mentioned that leadership council from a couple of months back when we studied the Doctrine of Christ. To answer your question, I remember that meeting really clearly. It had a really big impact on me. I have restudied those parts with my companions and it is amazing how much we can get out of it time after time. I really love and appreciate the Gospel of Christ and I know that it is the way to receive true happiness. It is a true blessing to teach it everyday and see the real affects of it in the lives of the people.

Thanks for everything, I love you all so much!!

Love,
Elder Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment