Elder Zachary Snow

Elder Zachary Snow

Monday, January 9, 2012

Spirit Wall Hit Me in the Face - January 9, 2012

Dear Family!!
 
I really enjoyed the letter from you this week! I want to appreciate how grateful I am for your support and for writing every week, it really helps to keep me excited!

Thanks, Dad, for sharing that story about the Bastidas family. I always love hearing your mission stories and it always makes me wonder why I didn`t ask you about your mission before, haha. Better late than never I guess. There is always something special about teaching families, I wish I had realized earlier in my mission the importance of focusing on finding families.

I also enjoyed Mom`s comment about her appreciation for the Sabbath. I too feel like the older I get the more I appreciate the Sabbath and the Sacrament. Yesterday Elder Curtis and I had the opportunity to bless the sacrament and I always like to do that. It`s a true miracle that God confides his Priesthood in young men. The Sacrament is such an important ordinance, and God calls on young teenage men to have that as their responsability. It`s a blessing.

Yesterday in church was really exciting. First off, with David. David is progressing so well. He has a baptismal date for this Saturday, the 14th and is really excited. He is reading the Book of Mormon a lot and has a strong testimony. This week we watched with him the video of Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration. He loved it. He attended the ward night on Wednesday and made a bunch of friends there.

On Sunday morning, he showed up 5 minutes before the first class started and stayed for all 3 hours. But the best part was during Sacrament Meeting. We also had Fast and Testimony meeting yesterday. During the testimony meeting, David was sitting with a less active member that Elder Curtis and I are working with to get him active again. The member was encouraging David to get up and share his testimony. So at the very end, David got up there and bore his testimony that this is the true church and he knows it because of the peace he feels here. There was a Spirit wall that hit me in the face. It was incredible.

As for the Ñamandú family, they continue to progress as well. Yesterday María José (the mom) and Jade (the 5 year old) went to church. Agusto and Francisco were out of town and the Dad was working. María José is progressing a lot. She has lots of member friends and really likes church. The second hour in church yesterday Elder Curtis and I taught the Gospel Doctrine class. It went super well and Sister Ñamandú had some really great comments. She is a future member for sure.

We have seen lots of miracles this week and are so excited. The members are starting to get excited again. I love Costa Bonita and my companion.

I want to share my testimony with you as well that I know this is the true Church. I am so grateful for our Father in Heaven and for Jesus Christ. They live, they love us. Their plan is perfect. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. My goal is to finish the Book of Mormon (I`m in Alma right now) and read it over again before July. I love that book, it`s true.

I love you all very much!! Til next week

Elder Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment