Elder Zachary Snow

Elder Zachary Snow

Monday, July 30, 2012

Just Part of the Mission - July 30, 2012

Dear Family!
 
Thanks for sending a great email this week. Not just this week, all of your emails are great really. :)

This week we have been busy as always. In this last change I have felt more than ever that there is not enough time in the day to do everything that we need to do. There are so many people that need to hear the Gospel message.

Elder Barrios and I are working really well together. I think we are understanding each other a lot better now. We have developed a really good friendship that helps us work hard together and enjoy the work. I have learned a lot from him really.

This week has also been a little up and down as usual. But that´s just part of the misison and part of life. Something I´ve learned in the mission is the importance of working effectively even when things don´t seem to be going your way. It´s part of perservering.

We were able to visit Nestor early in the week, on Tuesday and Wednesday we were in contact with him. We had a great lesson on Tuesday with Nestor and his cousin, Gustavo. But then on the weekend, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning we weren´t able to get a hold of him. As a result, he didn´t make it to church again this Sunday. I was a little disappointed because he had been progressing so well and I wasn´t sure what happened. Yesterday afternoon after church we passed by his house and were able to find him. He has been working a lot lately. He has a mentally disabled sister whose condition is really bad right now. Nestor´s mom has to go to Asunción with his little sister to get some treatment done. Since Nestor´s dad isn´t there Nestor is basically the main source of income for the family. Imagine that burden as a 19 year old. So he takes work in whatever opportunity he can find it. We need to explain better the Sabbath Day and the blessings promised from the Lord if we fulfill this commandment.

We talked with Nestor a little bit more about baptism. We were hoping to be able to baptize him this week but it won´t work out because he doesn´t have enough attendances. So we confirmed his baptismal date for the 11th of August. If he makes it to church this Sunday then maybe we can fix our schedule in order to be here for the baptism. 

So that is basically the news with Nestor. We will work hard and I will pray for miracles this week. I can´t believe that is the last week of my mission. This morning I felt so many desires to get out and work so hard for this last week. I really want to finish strong.

Some good news from this week is that Jorge and his family made it to church again. They are progressing a lot. I think that his faith is getting sparked again. Elder Barrios and I are really happy to see his progress. He can do so much good for the church. Before he became less active, Jorge served in a bishopric and on the high counsel. He really knows the doctrine and would be a great aid to the church here in Minga Guazú.

This past week we also had interviews with President Agazzani. I had my final interview. It was a little different than the interviews that I typically had with President Callan and it was kind of odd having a final interview in the first interview with President Agazzani. But he gave me great counsel. We talked about my plans after the mission. He helped me to understand the importance of always honoring my covenants and of always being willing to fulfill a calling from the Lord. He will do a great job as the mission Presidente here.

I love you all very much. I am very grateful for the temple ordinances that seal us together as a family. I am grateful for your example, Mom and Dad, of the importance of the gosepl in our lives. I hope you have a great week.

Say happy birthday to Grandpa Vacc and great Grandma Ann for me!

Love,

Elder Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment